Preparing To Have Your Home Photographed
According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 92% of homebuyers begin their home search online. Online photos provide potential buyers with an idea of the size, layout, and condition of a house without them having to set foot inside. Professional and attractive photos increase the likelihood that a potential buyer will tour your home in person.
The photo shoot will take no more than 2 hours. I will be photographing both the inside and outside of your home, including all of the major rooms. We normally do not photograph the garage unless it has special features.
If you have special features of your home that are not obvious, please let me know about these so I can include them in the shoot.
Inside the Home
- Clear off countertops in kitchen and bathroom areas
- Remove all magnets and decorations from the refrigerator
- Remove dishes from sink and place them in dishwasher
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished
- Make all beds and tidy bedrooms. Make sure all clothes are put out of sight
- Remove piles of newspapers and magazines
- Tuck all indoor trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard
- Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator
Outside the Home
- Move garbage cans so they cannot be seen from the street
- Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers
- Mow and rake yard
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios
Right Before the Photographer Arrives
- Turn on all interior lights and open all blinds, shades and curtains
- Turn off ceiling fans, televisions and computer monitors
- Consider decorating tables with your prettiest place settings
- Consider putting out vases of fresh flowers or a bowl of fruit on kitchen table or countertop
- Remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park directly in front of the house
- Contain pets in the garage or out of sight
Want an easy-to-print version of this check list? Click to download a PDF.